Three Little Birds Sewing Co.
VIRTUAL CLASS Introduction to Hand Embroidery
In this virtual class, learn the basic stitches of hand embroidery and create a small sampler you can proudly display. We will cover how to transfer a pattern, setting your fabric up in the hoop, and teach you 14 basic embroidery stitches.
Because embroidery is a "slow" craft and people tend to work at different paces, students may not complete the entire sampler during class. If it is agreeable for all students, we will record the session for you to watch after class. Our main priority is for you to have fun while learning a new craft!
Class will meet via Zoom on November 7th 2-4pm. You will be sent a link via e-mail approximately 20 minutes before class.
What you'll need:
- 6" or 7" embroidery hoop
- 1/4 yard of solid, light colored fabric
- 6-7 Assorted stranded embroidery floss (You can choose whatever colors you like -- rainbow like our sample or single color)
- Water soluble marker or marking pen of your choice
- Embroidery needles
- Small pair of scissors or snips
- Optional: light source such as a lightbox or a window.