Three Little Birds Sewing Co.
Let's face it -- using a serger can often be intimidating, but it can really up your sewing game. This class will help take the mystery away and get you started on your serging journey!
Students will learn the basics of using a sergers including:
- Serger anatomy, parts & accessories, including thread & needle recommendations
- Needle & looper tension adjustment
- Use of serger to finish seam allowances & sew with knits
- Techniques for serging curves and tying off your thread
What you'll need:
- Serger and the manual*
- 4 Cones of thread, preferably in contrasting colors
- Tweezer (usually they come with your machine)
- Snips or scissors
*You're welcome to join class if you don't have your own serger, but please keep in mind we only have two studio sergers and you may have to share with other students.