Merchant & Mills
Tencel Twill Cape Breton -- Merchant + Mills
Soft fluid drape with a matte finish. It has a fine twill weave, with the look of sandwashed silk.
- 100% Tencel
- Made in Turkey, Oeko-Tex certified.
- 155cm wide
- Submerge fabric in water before putting in the drum
- Wash cool on a delicates cycle with non-bio detergent and a gentle spin
- Do not tumble
- Shake out and dry flat – do not hang/dry in direct sunlight
- Iron on a low heat with a press cloth
- Once garment is made, wash inside out
- The surface texture of Tencel will go more chalky and less sheeny once washed and lived in
More about Tencel:
Tencel is a cellulose fibre, which like rayon is made by dissolving wood pulp that’s harvested from tree farms that are sustainably managed and traceable. The fiber production itself is more eco-friendly than cotton production due to its’ closed-loop process. This means that up to 99% of the water and solvents used are recycled and reused. It is durable, resistant to wrinkles and has the silkiest drape to handle.
It has excellent natural breathability with 50% greater moisture absorption than cotton. Making it a good choice for those with sensitive skin. It is also anti- bacterial and thermoregulating.