Three Little Birds Sewing Co
Wax + Wool Tote -- Intermediate Bag Making Class
We are a big fan of Noodlehead Bag Patterns -- they're fun to sew, well designed, and great to learn from. In this class, students will learn the basics of bag making, work with new materials (waxed canvas or cork), and install leather handles and rivets.
The Wax + Wool tote is a classic and sophisticated tote featuring waxed canvas. This simple and elegant tote will look great with anything and will keep your must-have essentials close at hand. A divided front pocket is perfect for stashing keys and a phone. Don’t let the name fool you, this tote is great in all types of fabrics.
Class meets for two 3-hour sessions. Second class TBD at first session.
What you'll need:
Students receive 10% off in our store on supplies for their classes.
- 3/4 yard exterior fabric
- 1 yard lining fabric (non-directional)
- 1/2 yard contrast bottom fabric
- 2 1/4 yards fusible woven interfacing (Pellon SF101 – 20″ wide)
- (2) 1”-wide leather handles or cotton webbing, 28” long
- Optional: (3) 8-9 mm double cap rivets
- Coordination thread