Three Little Birds Sewing Co
Camber Dress or Top -- In Person Class
A simple dress with tapered A-line silhouette and short fitted sleeves for an easy-wear classic. Features 2 versions – Dress or T-shirt.
This class is appropriate for beginners -- those that are comfortable threading a machine, winding a bobbin, and know what seam allowances are.
Class will cover:
- How to properly take measurements and choose your size
- Reading a pattern and basic sewing terminology
- How to finish seam allowances and insert a neck facing
- Sewing machines will be provided, if needed. Please bring your own thread, pins, & scissors.
- Mask wearing, regardless of vaccination status, is required.
- This in-person class will take place in our temporary classroom space at 5305 Baltimore Ave. in the old Card Attic store. Parking is available for free around the back. Do not park in the Yes Organic Parking lot. We don't want your car getting towed!
What you'll need:
All students receive 10% off their purchase for class supplies with code VirtualClass.
- Camber Pattern by Merchant & Mills
- Swedish Tracing Paper (optional)
- Light to medium weight fabric with good drape, such as brushed cotton, gauze, voile, lawn, flannel, chambray, linen, silk crepe, charmeuse, silk noil, rayon (2-4 yards depending on style and size making)**
** For best results and to prevent shrinking, it is ideal to wash your fabric prior to class.