Three Little Birds Sewing Co
Sip & Sew -- Bad Words Embroidery
Looking for a fun & unique date night? Then this Sip & Sew is for you! Our Sip & Sews are designed for complete beginners and focus on an easy to learn sewing project all while enjoying a glass (or two!) of wine.
In this class, you will use an Ellucy Stitches pattern of your choosing --- not all are "bad words" if those aren't your jam -- and we'll get you started on a fun and relaxing project. In this two hours class, we will cover:
- How to transfer an image onto fabric
- Getting your hoop prepared for stitching
- Basic embroidery stitches (backstitch, satin stitch, french knots, and more)
- How to finish your piece for hanging
This class is designed for complete beginners but is meant to be enjoyed by everyone. Students should not expect to finish this project during class as embroidery is a "slow" craft. Please let us know in the notes at checkout which pattern you'd like to use so we can have it ready for you at class.
Supplies are not included, please see below for supplies needed.
What you'll need:
All supplies are available for purchase in our store. Students receive a 10% discount on supplies purchased for class.
- 1 FQ of Quilting Cotton, preferably white or light colored
- Assorted embroidery flosses
- Embroidery hoop (7", 8" or 9" would all work)
- Embroidery needle