Three Little Birds Sewing Co.
Sew Together Zippered Bag Class (Virtual Class )-- Intermediate Bag Making
In this class, learn how to make the popular Sew Together Bag by Sew Demented. This versatile features 3 inner zippered pouches, 4 open inner pockets, and an outside zipper. It's perfect for carrying your sewing supplies, make-up, or whatever else you can dream up!
You can piece together the outside for a quilted look, or choose to use one continuous print. If you are making the quilted version, please allow for extra time to complete the outside.
Class will take place live via Zoom. Students will receive a link 15-20 minutes prior to each class. If all students are agreeable, we will record the class and provide the recording for 30 days after class.
Skill level: Intermediate. Should be very comfortable operating a sewing machine on your own.
Skills learned in this class:
- Installing zippers ( you'll get a lot of practice, there's 4 in this bag!)
- Applying binding
- Use of various interfacings
All supplies are available for purchase on our website. There is a 10% discount for students who purchase supplies for their class with the code VirtualClass. Fat Quarter (18" x 22") for Exterior or scraps if piecing the outside.
- Sew Together Bag Pattern
- 1/2 yard quilting cotton for Interior
- 1/3 yard quilting cotton for Pocket Lining
- 1 Fat Quarter for Binding
- 1/2 yard of lightweight fusible interfacing (we like Pellon sf101)
- 1 18" x 22" piece of Batting or Fusible Fleece
- 1 - 18" zipper
- 3- 9" zippers
- Optional- Fabric scrap & wool rover for Pincushion
- Optional-- Wool Felt for Needle Landing