Three Little Birds Sewing Co
Sandhill Sling Class (VIRTUAL CLASS)
Meet Noodlehead's latest pattern, the Sandhill Sling. This medium size bag is perfect for throwing over your shoulder while you're on the go and is roomy enough to hold all the essentials. The finished bag measures 7” wide by 3” deep, 11” tall.
Students will learn how to install zippers, use bag making hardware, and insert a drop in lining. This pattern is designed for advanced beginners, but all levels are welcome, as long as you feel comfortable on your sewing machine.
Class will meet February 17th + 24th for approximately 2 hours each session. it is expected that students will do some sewing on their own, outside of class, to keep on track. If needed, we may meet for a third session.
What you'll need:
All students receive a 10% discount on fabrics & supplies with the code VirtualClass. Please note this discount does not apply to the pattern). If you need help choosing fabrics/supplies, feel free to email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Sandhill Sling Pattern (PDF only available through Noodlehead)
- 5/8 yard Exterior Fabric
- 5/8 yard Lining Fabric (includes interior pocket)
- 1 ¼ yards (1 ½ if making fabric strap) Fusible Woven Interfacing (Pellon SF101-20”/51 cm-wide)
- (1) 18”/40.6 cm head-to-head handbag zipper*^ for top closure
- (1) 10”/25.4 cm handbag zipper*^ for front pocket closure (View A) OR 14mm magnetic snap(View B)
- 1”-wide d-ring AND 1 ½”-wide strap slider AND 1 ½”-wide swivel snap [25mm d-ring, 38mm strap slider and swivel snap]
- 1 ½ yards of 1.5" wide cotton webbing OR ADD ¼ yard to Exterior fabric requirement (1 yd total) for making a fabric strap
Recommended Fabrics: Canvas (8-10 oz. weight) for exterior fabric. Quilting cotton or lightweight canvas for lining.
Additional supplies + tools: Polyester thread, water-soluble pen/tailor’s chalk, cutting mat, ruler, rotary cutter, size 14 or 16 denim or Microtex needle, (optional) glue or glue pen or 1/4"-wide fusible web tape, (optional for interior pocket) ¼ yard of ¼”-wide elastic, setting tool if using spring snap
*We prefer Zipper by the Yard (by Sallie Tomato) for ease, but other zippers work well too.
This class will be held LIVE via Zoom. Login info will be sent via e-mail 20 minutes prior to class. If you need help getting set up with Zoom or have any questions, please e-mail us at email@example.com.