Three Little Birds Sewing Co.
Jean Making --- Intermediate Garment Workshop for Men & Women
Make your first pair of pants! Perfect for men or women, students will learn basic jean construction as well as fitting techniques.
Women can choose to make either Ginger Jeans or Morgan Jeans both by Closet Case Patterns. While men will be using the Jedediah Pants Pattern by Thread Theory.
- Two- 4 hour sessions with instructors
- Use of sewing machines & tools
- Additional studio time, if needed
What you'll need:
- Sewing pattern (Ginger Jean, Morgan Jeans, or Jedediah)
- Swedish Tracing paper
- 2.5-3" yards of denim-- please note that the Ginger Jeans calls for stretch denim
- Coordinating thread
- Topstitching thread
- Denim needles
- 5"-7" metal jean zipper
- Jean hardware
The first session will focus mostly on taking measurements and cutting out the pattern from your fabric. If time allows, we will begin basting our jeans together.
The second session we will work on jean construction and fitting.