Three Little Birds Sewing Co.
Introduction to Needle-Turn Applique Class with Megan Haidet
Are you interested in taking your quilting skills to the next level while learning the art of slow stitching? This class will introduce you to hand sewn applique, specifically the needle-turn applique technique. You’ll learn the basic skills of cutting out templates, preparing fabric, basting the design to background fabric and needle-turn applique.
We will use a portion of the Wildabon pattern, a collaboration between Carolyn Friedlander and Leah Duncan, to create a 20” pillow top cover. The class will be 3 hours long and will include a follow up studio session. If there is enough interest, we may even start a regular slow stitching evening.
- 3 hours of class time with instructor
- Additional studio time, if needed to finish pillow
- Marking, cutting and measuring supplies
What you’ll need:
- 1 Wildabon pattern by Carolyn Friedlander
- Fabric: For background, at least 20.5” x 20.5” piece of fabric. For applique, fat eighths or larger scraps will work.
- Coordinating thread
- Applique needles
- Thimble (optional)