Three Little Birds Sewing Co.
Intro to Garment Making --- Alberta Street Pencil Skirt
The Alberta Street Pencil Skirt is a great classic silhouette for any season. It is a slim fitting, unlined skirt with little to no ease in the hips with a tapered hem that lands just below the knees. It features a contoured waistband that sits just below the waist, angled and oversized front patch pockets, double back darts, a back vent and center back zipper. The instructions call for a set in back zipper however, an invisible zipper could easily be substituted for an intermediate or advanced sewist. This is an advanced beginner level pattern.
Students will learn how to take measurements, read a pattern, and make necessary adjustments.
- Two 3-hour sessions with instructor (second session TBD at first class)
- Use of sewing machines & studio tools
- Additional studio time, if needed
What you'll need:
- Alberta Street Pencil Skirt Pattern by Sew House Seven
- 1 1/4 yard - 2 yards of medium-heavy weight fabric, depending on size
- 1/4 yard of interfacing
- 7" zipper
- Coordinating thread
- Swedish Tracing Paper, or similar tracing paper
- small hook & eye closure