Three Little Birds Sewing Co.
Intermediate Garment Making --- Southport Dress
Get ready for summer with this stylish and comfortable maxi dress. The Southport Dress by True Bias Patterns is a flattering tank style dress with a drawstring waist. Perfect for the beach or an evening on the town. Students will have the option to make a maxi dress or shorter length version.
This is an intermediate level class. Students should be comfortable threading a machine on their own and following seam allowances.
Please note: This pattern is only available as a PDF. You will have to purchase your own copy here and bring it to class taped together. We are offering the option to print the pattern for you at an additional fee. Please e-mail us if you're interested in this option.
What you'll need:
- Southport Dress Pattern by True Bias Patterns
- 2 1/4"- 3 1/2" yards of fabric, depending on the size you're making (see size chart on the website). Suggested fabrics are: Light weight, woven fabrics with movement such as cotton voile, rayon challis, crepe de chine, and lightweight linen.
- 3 yards of single fold, 1/2" bias tape
- 1/4" yard of lightweight interfacing
- Coordinating thread
- 4 quarter inch buttons
- 2 - Three hour sessions with instructor. Second session will be determined by students at the first class.
- Use of sewing machines & studio tools
- Additional studio time to finish garment, if needed. Up to 2 hours.