Three Little Birds Sewing Co
Easy Raglan Shirt/Sweatshirt --- Intro to Garment Making Virtual Class
Learn how to make an easy and versatile t-shirt or sweatshirt that will become a wardrobe staple. This class is designed for beginners (must know how to operate the sewing machine on their own) as well as anyone looking to advance their sewing skills.
Class will meet twice via Zoom for two hours each. Students are expected to do some work independently in between classes. We will use class time for demos and questions, though you may sew during class if it works for you! Class will also be recorded, so if you choose not to take the class "live," you'll have access to the recordings for 30 days after class. We have found that many students love our virtual sewing lessons because it allows for flexibility and for you to sew in the comfort of your own space!
- How to take proper measurements
- Basic garment construction
- How to read & follow a sewing pattern
- Tips & tricks for sewing with knit (stretch) fabric
What you'll need*:
- Raglan Pattern of your choice. Some suggestions are: Wardrobe by Me Boxy Raglan, Sayward Raglan by Thread Theory(men's), Wardrobe by Me Rebel Raglan (men's), Grainline Studios Linden Sweatshirt.
- 1.75-2 yards of fabric, depending on size making
- Coordinating thread
*All supplies are available for purchase through our website. Please let us know if you need help picking out supplies, we're happy to point you in the right direction. If you're getting your fabric shipped, please remember to purchase your items at least 4 days prior to class.
This class will be hosted LIVE via Zoom. Approximately 20 minutes prior to class, you'll receive a link to login to the class.
Questions? Send us an e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org