Three Little Birds Sewing Co
Shirt No.1 Intro to Garment Making Virtual Class
Learn how to make an easy and versatile t-shirt that will become a wardrobe staple. This class is designed for beginners (must know how to operate the sewing machine on their own) as well as anyone looking to advance their sewing skills.
Class will meet twice via Zoom for two hours each. Students are expected to do some work independently in between classes. We will use class time for demos and questions, though you may sew during class if it works for you!
- How to take proper measurements
- Basic garment construction
- How to read & follow a sewing pattern
- Applying bias binding to necklines, seam finishing, & hemming
What you'll need*:
- Shirt No. 1 Pattern by 100 Acts of Sewing
- 1.75-2 yards of fabric, depending on size making
- 1/2 yard fabric for bias tape
- Coordinating thread
*All supplies are available for purchase through our website. Please let us know if you need help picking out supplies, we're happy to point you in the right direction. If you're getting your fabric shipped, please remember to purchase your items at least 4 days prior to class.
This class will be hosted LIVE via Zoom. Approximately 20 minutes prior to class, you'll receive a link to login to the class. We will do brief introductions for about 15 minutes before class, if you wish to join then.
Questions? Send us an e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org