Three Little Birds Sewing Co.
Kids Sewing Series
Introducing our new Kids Sewing Series! Designed for children ages 8-14, this series will give students the confidence and skills to learn to sew on their own. All skill levels are welcome and we adjust each project to their skill level. Students will complete 3 projects (a drawstring bag, a pillowcase, and pajama pants) during this 4 week course and learn a variety of techniques.
Each class is roughly 1.5 hours.
Class dates are:
Sept 9th, 16th, 23rd, and Oct 7th. Class starts at 3pm.
Can't make one of the sessions? Shoot us an e-mail, we're happy to help accommodate your schedule. If your child has attended a previous session, we will work with them on different project. In such case, material costs/needs may be different.
Please see below for required materials.
Week 1: Introduction to the Sewing Machine
- Students will learn how to operate the sewing machine, including threading and winding the bobbin
- Project ---- Drawstring Bag
Week 2: Continuation of Machine Sewing & French Seams
- Students will learn about finishing seams and other sewing techniques
- Project --- Pillowcase
Weeks 3 & 4: Intro to Sewing Garments
- Class will cover how to take measurements and pattern reading
- Project --- Pajama Pants
All supplies are available for purchase in the studio. Students receive a 10% discount on supplies purchased for their class.
For Drawstring bag:
- 1/2 yard of fabric for exterior
- 1/2 yard of fabric for lining
- 2 yards of rope for drawstring
- 1/4 yard of fabric for cuff
- 1/4 yard of fabric for accent
- 3/4 yard of fabric for main portion of pillowcase
For Pajama Pants:
- 2 1/2 yards of fabric
- 1 yard of 1" elastic
- Coordinating thread