Three Little Birds Sewing Co.
Kids Sewing Series (4 week series)
Introducing our new Kids Sewing Series! Designed for children ages 8-14, this series will give students the confidence and skills to learn to sew on their own. All skill levels are welcome and we adjust each project to their skill level. Students will complete 3 projects (a drawstring bag, a pillowcase, and pajama pants) during this 4 week course and learn a variety of techniques.
If your child has sewn before or taken one of our previous series, we're happy to adjust the projects to their level.
Each class is roughly 1.5 hours.
Meets on the following Sundays at 4pm, every other week:
January 26h, February 9th, 23rd, and March 8th.
Can't make one of the sessions? Shoot us an e-mail, we're happy to help accommodate your schedule. If your child has attended a previous session, we will work with them on different project. In such case, material costs/needs may be different.
Please see below for required materials.
* Students are also encouraged, but not obligated, to purchase a small sewing kit -- available in our store. It includes kid friendly scissors, a marking pen, pins, and a pincushion.
Week 1: Introduction to the Sewing Machine
- Students will learn how to operate the sewing machine, including threading and winding the bobbin
- Project ---- Drawstring Bag
Week 2: Continuation of Machine Sewing & French Seams
- Students will learn about finishing seams and other sewing techniques
- Project --- Pillowcase
Weeks 3 & 4: Intro to Sewing Garments
- Class will cover how to take measurements and pattern reading
- Project --- Pajama Pants
All supplies are available for purchase in the studio. Students receive a 10% discount on supplies purchased for their class.
For Drawstring bag:
- 1/2 yard of fabric for exterior
- 1/2 yard of fabric for lining
- 2 yards of rope for drawstring
- 1/4 yard of fabric for cuff
- 1/4 yard of fabric for accent
- 3/4 yard of fabric for main portion of pillowcase
For Pajama Pants:
- 2 1/2 yards of fabric
- 1 yard of 1" elastic
- Coordinating thread