Three Little Birds Sewing Co.
Sew Together Zippered Bag Class-- Intermediate
In this class, learn how to make the popular Sew Together Bag by Sew Demented. This versatile features 3 inner zippered pouches, 4 open inner pockets, and an outside zipper. It's perfect for carrying your sewing supplies, make-up, or whatever else you can dream up!
You can piece together the outside for a quilted look, or choose to use one continuous print. If you are making the quilted version, please allow for extra time to complete the outside.
Skill level: Intermediate. Should be very comfortable operating a sewing machine on your own.
Skills learned in this class:
- Installing zippers ( you'll get a lot of practice, there's 4 in this bag!)
- Applying binding
- Use of various interfacings
- Sew Together Bag Pattern
- 4 hours of time with instructors
- Additional studio time (up to 2 hours), if needed
All supplies are available for purchase in store. There is a 15% discount for students who purchase supplies for their class. Please arrive 15-20 min early to pick out and cut your fabrics.
- Fat Quarter (18" x 22") for Exterior or scraps if piecing the outsite
- 1/2 yard for Interior
- 1/3 yard for Pocket Lining
- 1 Fat Quarter for Binding
- 1 18" x 22" piece of Batting or Fusible Fleece
- 1 - 18" zipper
- 3- 9" zippers
- Optional- Fabric scrap & wool rover for Pincushion
- Optional-- Wool Felt for Needle Landing