Three Little Birds Sewing Co
Pietra Pants Class -- Advanced Beginner/Intermediate Garment Making
Looking for an easy way to start making pants? Meet the Pietra Pants from Close Case Patterns. Part of their Rome Collection, the Pietra Pants & Shorts are the best of both worlds; a flat front, high-waisted silhouette with the comfort of an elastic waist in the back. Featuring lengthening panels in the front with slanted hip pockets and a hidden waist stay, you’ll never want to take them off.
Choose between four leg styles: a wide leg in floor-skimming or cropped length (View A), a slim and tapered leg (View B), or gently flared shorts (View C).
This class is aimed at those that have some sewing experience (i.e. can thread the machine & follow seam allowance on their own). We will cover common pants adjustments in the first session.
- Three 2.5 -hour sessions (meets Tuesdays from 7-9:30pm)
- Use of sewing machine & studio tools
- Additional studio time, if needed
What you'll need:
All supplies are available for purchase in the store. Students receive 10% off their purchase for class.
- Pietra Pants Pattern by Close Case Patterns
- Swedish Tracing Paper (if you'd like to trace your pattern & make adjustments)
- 1 1/2 yards - 3 yards of fabric, depending on size and view making*
This pattern can be made with a variety of fabrics depending on the desired effect. For a more defined shape, use structured wovens such as linen, chambray, or lightweight denim or twill (heavyweight wovens may create too much volume at the elastic waist). For a swishy, glamorous look, use rayon challis, tencel, or silk.