Three Little Birds Sewing Co.
Intermediate-- Sewing from a Pattern, Men's Shirt
Are you looking to take your sewing to the next level with clothing? We're here to help you learn the basics of reading a pattern and deciphering the sewing terminologies used. In this class, we'll use the Negroni pattern by Colette Patterns to make a Men's button down shirt, either long or short-sleeved.
You'll learn the basics skills of how to read a pattern, tips on laying out the pieces and cutting your fabric, guidance with construction, including how to make buttonholes, and finishing techniques.
Class is 3 hours long and will include 2 additional studio sessions, time and date of your choosing, for you to work on shirt.
- 1 Negroni Pattern by Colette Patterns.
- 3 hours of class time with instructor.
- Additional studio time, if needed, to finish garment.
- Cutting and measuring supplies.
- Sewing machine use.
What you'll need:
- Measurements of the man you'll be making the shirt for. You can use this as a guideline for the measurements you'll need and the size shirt you'll make: https://help.colettemedia.com/patterns/size-charts
- Fabric, yardage according to the size chart above. You can bring your own fabric or purchase in our studio (students always get 10% off for their project). Appropriate fabrics for this shirt are: cotton lawn, cotton voile, fine cotton shirtings, flannel.
- Coordinating thread.
- 1/2" buttons- 9 for Long Sleeved version, 7 for short sleeved version.