Three Little Birds Sewing Co
Intermediate Garment Making --- Sapporo Coat
Learn how to make this versatile, oversize coat in this intermediate class. With this dramatic cocoon silhouette and angled seaming, it is designed to be worn open with endless customization possibilities.
Choose lightweight fabric for a spring/summer version or cosy wool for cooler weather plus you can either make it cropped or with long sleeves.
Students should be comfortable setting up a sewing machine on their own and following a seam allowance. You will learn basic garment construction, how to line a jacket, topstitching, and more!
Three 3-hour sessions with instructor
- Additional studio time, if needed
- Use of sewing machines and studio tools
What you'll need:
All supplies are available for purchase in the store. Students receive 10% off supplies for class.
- Sapporo Coat by Papercut Patterns
- 2 1/4 - 2 3/4 yards of fabric, depending on size and version making*
- 1/2 yard of fusible interfacing
- Coordinating thread
- Swedish Tracing Paper (optional)
*Can be made in any woven fabric: from a light cotton, rayon or silk right through to a heavy wool.