Three Little Birds Sewing Co.
Advanced Bag Making Class--- The Maker's Tote by Noodlehead
The Maker's Tote is perfect for any sewist that wants to stretch their sewing skills. Once finished, it will carry all your tools, knitting, and anything else you need to make! Students can choose to make either the small or large version. This class will take a minimum of two sessions to finish the bag. Additional studio time with be provided if you are unable to finish the class within that time frame.
- Inserting a zipper
- Installing heavy duty snaps
- Sewing curves
- Applying binding
Supplies needed: Smaller size is in parenthesis.
All supplies are available in the store. Students purchasing their supplies in store will receive a 10% discount.
- Maker's Tote Pattern by Noodlehead
- Exterior fabric, 5/8 yard (1/2 yard)
- Lining fabric, 1 1/4 yards (1 yard)
- Pocket fabric, 1 1/4 yards (1 yard)
- Accent fabric (includes binding and handles, 1/2 yard)
- Fusible Woven Interfacing (20″-wide), 1 1/2 yards
- Fusible Mid-weight Interfacing (44″-wide), 1 yard
- ByAnnie’s Soft and Stable (or Pellon FlexFoam -20” wide), 1/2 yard or 1 yard of Pellon
- 18” separating “Jacket” zipper (14” for small)***
- 10” non-separating zipper for tote back (7” for small)
- size 24 pronged metal snap set
This is an Intermediate/Advanced level class. You must be very comfortable using a sewing machine and have at least hand stitched a few times.
Please arrive 15-20 prior to class to pick out your fabric and have it cut.