Three Little Birds Sewing Co
Wildwood Dress -- In Person Class
The Wildwood Wrap Dress is perfect for the office, parties, weddings or when you just feel like wearing a dress. It is a true wrap dress, although with a detached, obi inspired belt. The beauty of this dress is created by the drape of the shawl collar and enhanced by the waist and shoulder pleats. It has generous front pockets, and a slim skirt with a wide, faced hem. French seams are used to construct the upper bodice so version B looks pretty once the sleeves are rolled up. Choose a below the knee hem or longer midi-length hem.
Although it was originally designed with linen fabrics in mind, short sleeve version A also looks great in slinky and drapey silks and rayon fabrics. The dolman sleeve version B works best with more stable fabrics such as linen and cotton.
This class is appropriate for intermediate sewists.
Class will cover:
- How to properly take measurements and choose your size
- Reading a pattern and basic sewing terminology
- How to finish seam allowances and insert a neck facing
- French seams
What you'll need:
All students receive 10% off their purchase for class supplies with code VirtualClass.
- Wildwood Dress by Sew House Seven
- Swedish Tracing Paper (optional)
- Light to medium weight fabric with good drape, such as brushed cotton, gauze, voile, lawn, flannel, chambray, linen, silk crepe, charmeuse, silk noil, rayon (2-4 yards depending on style and size making)**
- Coordinating thread
- Sewing machines will be provided, if needed. Please bring your own thread, pins, & scissors.
- Mask wearing, regardless of vaccination status, is required.
- This in-person class will take place in our temporary classroom space at 5305 Baltimore Ave. in the old Card Attic store. Parking is available for free around the back. Do not park in the Yes Organic Parking lot. We don't want your car getting towed!
- Because we will be having class in a separate space from the store, please purchase your supplies prior to class.
** For best results and to prevent shrinking, it is ideal to wash your fabric prior to class.