Three Little Birds Sewing Co
Wiksten Shift Dress or Top -- In Person Class
This loose shift is both comfortable and elegant, the perfect wardrobe staple. Choose from three different lengths: a cropped top, above-the-knee dress, or calf-length dress with side slits. The top has a plain back, while the dress has added fullness from back gathers. Patch pockets, waist tie, and three quarter length sleeve options are included. Neck is finished with an easy-to-sew facing.
This class is appropriate for beginners -- those that are comfortable threading a machine, winding a bobbin, and know what seam allowances are.
Class will cover:
- How to properly take measurements and choose your size
- Reading a pattern and basic sewing terminology
- How to finish seam allowances and insert a neck facing
Some sewing outside of class time may be required to finish the garment.
What you'll need:
All students receive 10% off their purchase for class supplies with code VirtualClass.
- Wiksten Shift Dress Pattern
- Swedish Tracing Paper (optional)
- Light to medium weight fabric with good drape, such as brushed cotton, gauze, voile, lawn, flannel, chambray, linen, silk crepe, charmeuse, silk noil, rayon (2-4 yards depending on style and size making)**
- 1/4 yd lightweight fusible interfacing to add structure to neck facing
- Sewing machines will be provided, if needed. Please bring your own thread, pins, & scissors.
- Mask wearing, regardless of vaccination status, is required.
- This in-person class will take place in our temporary classroom space at 5305 Baltimore Ave. in the old Card Attic store. Parking is available for free around the back. Do not park in the Yes Organic Parking lot. We don't want your car getting towed!
- Since we are having class in a space separate from the store, students will not be able to buy supplies right before class. We are happy to bring the supplies with us if you place an order online, prior to class. Just leave a note at checkout letting us know.
** For best results and to prevent shrinking, it is ideal to wash your fabric prior to class.