Three Little Birds Sewing Co.
Kelly Anorak/Jacket Making Class -- Intermediate/Advanced Garment Making
Take your skills to the next level with our Kelly Anorak Class. Lightweight and unlined, it features a two piece cuffed sleeve, optional drawstring waist, gusseted flap pocket and a zipper placket with snap buttons. View A will keep you warm and dry with a roomy three piece hood, while View B features a classic stand-up collar.
Students must be comfortable using a sewing machine on their own and have some previous experience sewing from a pattern.
This is a 4 session class. We will meet on Thursdays -- March 1st, 8th, 15th, and 22nd at 6:30pm. Can't make a class? Please let us know and we'll be happy to accommodate you.
- Four 3-hour sessions with instructor
- Use of sewing machines & studio tools
- Additional studio time, if needed, to complete your garment
What you'll need:
Most supplies are available for purchase in the store. All students receive 10% off supplies for their class. It is always a good idea to wash your fabric prior to making a garment.
- Kelly Anorak Pattern by Close Case Patterns
- 2.5-4 yards of fabric, according to size being made
- 13 x 1/2”-5/8" (12-15mm) metal snap buttons
- Separating coat zipper with pull on left side (sizes 0-4 = 24” zipper, sizes 6-20 = 26” zipper)
- 1 1/2” yard (1.3m) 5mm drawstring
- Coordinating thread
- Optional: 3 yards of double fold bias tape to finish neckline and coat hem (can be replaced with serged stitch or homemade bias tape)
- Optional: 2 x grommets - size #0 or #1, inside diameter 6-7 mm (can be replaced with machine buttonhole)
- Optional: Swedish tracing paper, if you are tracing your pattern
Students may need to do some "homework" sewing on their own to keep on track with the class. If you do not own a sewing machine, you can choose to use your studio time with us in between classes.
*Please note that we will be making the unlined version in this class. If you are interested in making the lined or underlined version, please contact us prior to registering so we can make a plan for your jacket making adventure.