Three Little Birds Sewing Co.
Intro to Garment Making -- Shirt No. 1
Learn how to make an easy and versatile t-shirt that will become a wardrobe staple. This class is designed for beginners (must know how to operate the sewing machine on their own) as well as anyone looking to advance their sewing skills.
Class meets for one 3-hour session. Additional studio time will be allotted, if needed.
- How to take proper measurements
- Basic garment construction
- How to read & follow a sewing pattern
- Applying bias binding to necklines, seam finishing, & hemming
What you'll need:
- Shirt No. 1 Pattern by 100 Acts of Sewing
- 1.75-2 yards of fabric, depending on size making
- 1/2 yard fabric for bias tape
- Coordinating thread