Three Little Birds Sewing Co.
Intermediate Sewing Class --- April Rhodes Popover Poncho
Join us in making a fun & stylish poncho, perfect for the cooling weather. Perfect for advanced beginners and intermediate sewers and those looking to take an intro into garment sewing.
- The Popover Poncho Pattern by April Rhodes.
- 3 hours of class time with instructors.
- Additional studio time (up to 2 hours), if needed.
- How to read a sewing pattern
- Basic garment techniques
- How to blindstitch by hand
- Applying binding to finish a garment
What you'll need:
- Wool, double knit jersey, or fleece for the main portion of your poncho. Refer to size guide in the photo for appropriate yardage. We do not carry this in the store, but we can help you find suitable fabrics.
- Light to medium weight jersey for the cowl. We have this type of fabric in the store.
- Eyelets for the drawstring holes, if desired.
- Twill, shoelaces, or whatever you would like to use as a drawstring for the cowl.
THE POPOVER PONCHO is a sporty update on the bohemian staple. The cowl neck keeps you cozy and warm while the classic hoody style pocket gives you a place to store you cellphone or tuck your hands away from a chilly breeze. Make a stand-out piece with bold Pendleton Wool, or use a cuddly fleece for casual, every-day-wear. Whatever the fabric, your poncho will look completely chic with a pair of skinny jeans and booties