Three Little Birds Sewing Co
Archer Button Up -- Intermediate Garment Making Class
Ready to make your first button-up or refine your skills? This is the class for you!
Using the Grainline Studio's popular Archer Pattern*, students will learn how to set in sleeves, add a collar, and insert buttons and buttonholes. This class is aimed at intermediate sewists but beginners who are feel up to a challenge are welcome to join.
- 3 - 2.5 hour sessions (second and third sessions TBD at time of first class)
- Use of our sewing studio tools & sewing machines
What you'll need:
All students receive 10% off supplies purchased for their class.
- Grainline Archer Sewing Pattern*
- 2 1/2 -3 yards of fabric, depending on size making. Suitable fabrics include cotton shirting, poplin, chambray, flannel and other wovens. If matching patterns, more may be needed.**
- Coordinating thread
- 9 3/8"-1/2" buttons
- 1 yard of fusible interfacing
* If you are outside of the size range for this pattern or would like to sew from a men's pattern, we'd still love to have you in class. We recommend the following patterns: Cashmerette's Harrison Shirt (available in the shop) or the Fairfield Button Up by Thread Theory (currently only available as a PDF).
**It is recommended to prewash your fabric prior to sewing together your garment. If you can't make it into the shop prior to class but would like to purchase your fabric from us, we can wash it for you for an additional fee.