Three Little Birds Sewing Co
VIRTUAL CLASS -- Wiksten Shift Dress or Top
This loose shift is both comfortable and elegant, the perfect wardrobe staple. Choose from three different lengths: a cropped top, above-the-knee dress, or calf-length dress with side slits. The top has a plain back, while the dress has added fullness from back gathers. Patch pockets, waist tie, and three quarter length sleeve options are included. Neck is finished with an easy-to-sew facing.
This class is appropriate for beginners -- those that are comfortable threading a machine, winding a bobbin, and know what seam allowances are.
Class will cover:
- How to properly take measurements and choose your size
- Reading a pattern and basic sewing terminology
- How to finish seam allowances and insert a neck facing
This class will meet via Zoom on September 8th, 15th, and 22nd at 7pm. We will meet for approximately 2 hours (more or less, if needed). Students will need to sew on their own, outside of class time, in order to complete the dress or top.
You will receive a link for Zoom approximately 20 minutes prior to class.
What you'll need:
All students receive 10% off their purchase for class supplies with code VirtualClass.
- Wiksten Shift Dress Pattern
- Swedish Tracing Paper (optional)
- Light to medium weight fabric with good drape, such as brushed cotton, gauze, voile, lawn, flannel, chambray, linen, silk crepe, charmeuse, silk noil, rayon (2-4 yards depending on style and size making)**
- 1/4 yd lightweight fusible interfacing to add structure to neck facing
** For best results and to prevent shrinking, it is ideal to wash your fabric prior to class.