Three Little Birds Sewing Co.
Intermediate Bag Making In Person Class --- Sallie Tomato Ginger Purse
The Sallie Tomato Ginger purse features a flap closure with a magnetic snap, exterior zipper pocket, adjustable crossbody strap, and an interior slip pocket. It measure approximate 11" wide, 10" high, and 3" deep.
Students will learn to install a zipper & other bag hardware, how to make handles, and basic bag construction.
Skill level: basic sewing machine skills (i.e. comfortable threading the machine and winding the bobbin on your own).
What you'll need:
All supplies are available for purchase in the store. Students receive 10% off their purchase for class with the code VIRTUALClass.
- Ginger Pattern by Sallie Tomato
- 1/2 yard of fabric for exterior
- 1/2 yard of fabric for lining
- 1/2 yard of fabric for contrast
- 1/2 yard of fusible woven interfacing
- 1/2 yard of fusible fleece
- 2 -3/4" d-rings
- 2- 3/4" swivel hooks
- 1 - 3/4" slider buckle
- 1- 3/4" magnetic snap
- 1-10" zipper
- Coordinating thread
- Optional: In lieu of buying all the hardware & pattern separately, a Ginger Bag Kit is available for purchase
- Sewing machines will be provided, if needed. Please bring your own thread, pins, & scissors.
- Mask wearing, regardless of vaccination status, is required.
- This in-person class will take place in our temporary classroom space at 5305 Baltimore Ave. in the old Card Attic store. Parking is available for free around the back. Do not park in the Yes Organic Parking lot. We don't want your car getting towed!